This is a winner! Tasty – No added Fat – and Easy to make. How can it be any better? The secret ingredient is an EGG WHITE!
You will love these even more than Adam’s outfits on American Idol. 😉
This is the real way to make those toasty cinnamon almonds you smell at the fair. If you have keen olfactory senses you will remember what I’m talkin’ bout. Can’t you just smell them right now? I found this recipe on one of those little pads in the bulk section at Winco, and this time, it was a winner. I have tried different recipes for these almonds before, but they have never turned out like this. Oh yeah, baby!
Get yourself down to the bulk section of WinCo and buy some almonds, or get that big bag at Sams or Costco if you want the larger almonds, which are even prettier. Then you may need to go the craft store to get some little cello bags to make up some gift packs. I found some at the Sugar Shell (cake decorating shop) in Idaho Falls that are long and narrow. I usually use them for my caramel pretzel logs, but they work great for these almonds. Or… better yet, don’t worry about bagging them. Maybe you can just eat them all by yourself while you check out all your favorite blogs. You know what I am talking about!
CINNAMON GLAZED ALMONDS
1 egg white
1 tsp. cold water
4 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white, then add the water. Beat until frothy, but not stiff.
3. Add the nuts and stir to coat.
4. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then sprinkle it over the nut mixture. Stir to coat the nuts well.
5. Place foil in a cookie sheet and spray it lightly. Spread the nuts evenly in the cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Stir the nuts occasionally. Remove and allow to cool before placing in airtight containers or bags.