From observing my images taken during a single water drop, I identified seven stages of the sequence.
Water Drop Photography Sequence: The Overview
1. The Crown – The first splash that looks like a crown or bowl, and can have far-reaching tentacles
2. The Vortex – The black hole produced by the plunging drop that pushes the water down
3. The Pinnacle – The tall tower of water that springs back up from the vortex as a rebound from the falling drop
4. The HooDoo – The drop that forms and balances on the tip of the pinnacle
5. The Sphere – The drop that separates from the pinnacle and floats in mid air
6. The Coil – The tight rings that form in the center of the ripples, just before the drop falls back down
7. The Bubble – The final drop sinks, then floats up to form one final bubble on the surface
Watch this YouTube video to see the process of a water drop in slow motion. You can see each stage of the sequence.
NOTE: If you would like an email notification when I add a new blog post, you may SUBSCRIBE at the top right of my blog page..
Also, see my Water Drop Photography Tutorial here: http://www.carynesplin.com/7-amazing-tips-for-shooting-water-drops/