Sticky Chicken! Click here for print version of recipe
A simple to prepare, but absolutely scrumptious recipe that is great for company. It goes well with rice, hot rolls, and fresh fruit, but the sky is the limit… maybe even some sweet potato fries and fresh pineapple? 🙂
10 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 cups flour
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning (can you tell I like this stuff? See below…)
2 cups Apricot-Pineapple Preserves
1 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Kraft Honey Mustard Barbecue Sauce (or your favorite)
1. Mix the flour and seasonings together in a bowl.
2. Moisten each chicken breast with wa little water, then dredge it in the flour and seasonings.
3. Place them in a 13×9 inch glass baking dish.
4. Stir the sauce together and pour over the chicken.
5. Bake at 360 degrees for 1 hour + a little more (until sauce is sticky, not runny, and chicken is white, moist, and flaky)
Comment about Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning:
It’s not too hot, unless you use a lot!
As you can see, I often use my favorite seasoning (we just call it Tony’s) because it has a perfect blend of spices, including salt, garlic, paprika, and just enough red pepper to give a subtle spiciness to any dish. Our son, Brandon, brought us some home from his mission in Louisiana and we felt in love with it. You can find it at most any grocery store. You can also get other Tony’s blends with Italian herbs too. They are awesome, quick and easy! Most Walmarts carry them, where you can also get the Orange-Pineapple Preserves.