What is not to love about the new Nikon D3200 for only $699?
This is a huge technical improvement for an entry-level Nikon. Canon is going to have to scramble to find an answer for this Nikon announcement. First of all, you can get it in RED. That could be “enough said”… but I will go on, because we do like our good deals on great gear. Though the fashion statement is something to be considered here. Just imagine this with a red and black fabric strap around your neck. This color option thing is a first for Nikon and I LOVE IT!
Now…for the BEST DETAILS:
1. A new 24 mp sensor for high-quality crisp images – at 4 fps
2. New LCD Screen with 4x the pixels for higher quality previewing and more in-camera editing features!
3. Wi-Fi capabilities – What? This allows phone connectivity and opens the door for more new file transfer features!
4. ISO Range up to 6400 – that is ridiculous for an entry level
5. Amazing Video at 1080p at 30 frames a second or 720p at 60 frames a second in H.264 .mov format
6. External Mic input – Finally available on an entry level!
7. Dedicated movie record button and Capable of recording movies for 20 minutes!
8. All for $699 with the 18-55 lens
9. It comes in RED
10. Did I mention you can be the first of your friends to have a RED NIKON?
Here is a nice review from: theverge.com
MORE THOUGHTS: I recommend you buy the body only (or just sell the 18-55 kit lens on eBay) and get the with the Nikon 18-200 lens for sure. Well worth the price and flexibility so you don’t have to change lenses all the time. But if you can’t afford that $900 lens, then save up for the new Nikon 1.8G 85mm lens for portraits and incredible bokeh for $499 and you will be set, until you can afford the 18-200 lens, or upgrade to the Nikon D800 when you go PRO.
|Best of Bannack Ghost Town – Photographic Tribute|
|DC Metro – Rush Hour at Foggy Bottom Station|
|Top Cherry Blossom Photos?|
|7 Steps for Shooting Water Drops!|
|Table Top Light Painting in 10 Easy Steps|
|Old Gas Pumps – Triple Theat Editing: HDR + ACR + Photoshop|
|Photoshop World Shootout – CONTEST WINNER!|
|Venetian Grand Hall|
|Island Park, Idaho, in the morning light|
|My First Light Painting with People: Grandpa’s Ghost Truck|
|Rexburg Graineries – Combination of Bracketing, Light Painting, HDR and Camera Raw|
|“Post Production Magic” in Camera Raw on the old graineries in Rexburg, Idaho|
|Sunrise on the Grand Tetons at Schwabacher Landing|
|Light Painting the Mormon Row Barn near Jackson, Wyoming|
|Trelawney & Luna go to the Harry Potter opening!|
|How to photograph the Grand Tetons near Jackson, Wyoming|
|St. Anthony to Ashton, Idaho – a plethora of photo ops!|
|Countdown: Top 50 Summer Pics: #4 – National Park Seminary|
|"One Minute Makeovers" using Camera Raw with JPEGS!|
|What type of photographer are you? Type 1, 2, 3, or 4?|