Enter this Caryn Esplin Photodesign Portrait Composite Contest by Dec 15…
You could win a YN 560 II FLASH and the versatile Rogue XL PRO LIGHTING KIT – Click here to see product details (strip box, softbox and shapeable reflector all in one!)
Have you seen the portrait composites by the amazing Joel Grimes? CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Here are some more samples: www.google.com/search/hdrcompositeportraits
You can get all kinds of tutorials and tips online if you Google “HDR Composite Portrait”
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
This is your chance to show your skills. Just use one or more of your own portraits and add it to one of my backgrounds in this post (below)… and you could win a YN 560 II Flash and Rogue XL Pro Lighting Kit (Value $170) Feel free to edit my image, recolor, or add/subtract to it…as long as it is still recognizable. Also…the entry with the most votes on my Facebook page will win a Large Rogue Flashbender!
PAST WINNER: Tim Wood
I ran a similar contest in June 2012. Joel Grimes judged the contest and chose Tim Wood entry as the big winner! Joel Grimes congratulated Tim in person at Photoshop World and awarded him a signed print. It was awesome. Joel is such an incredibly nice person. He teaches amazing workshops, so be sure and follow him here: http://www.joelgrimesworkshops.com/Joel_Grimes_Photography/Welcome.html
1. Use a portrait(s) you have taken, then blend it into one of my backgrounds below. Feel free to edit my image, recolor, or add/subtract to it…as long as it is still recognizable. You may also add other images as you see fit, but all entries must be pre-approved and G-rated for a general audience. Models need to be clothed in modest attire. Size your final portrait composite image so the longest side is 1024 pixels. Each person may enter one or two portrait composites.
2. Email your best jpeg(s) [no more than 2] to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:00pm MST Dec 15, 2014. I will post the entries on Dec. 16 and accept votes until Dec. 18. Winners will be announced Dec. 20.
3. Include the following information in the email: Your Name, City, State; Title of entry; Date-Time-Place of photo, Camera, Lens, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Focal Length. Setup: auxiliary lights, etc.? Winning entries outside the continental U.S. will need to pay shipping costs to receive the prizes.
4. Once I start placing the entries on my blog, make at least three comments to wish the other contestants luck.
5. Like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/carynesplin where I will be promoting the contest. Share my Facebook posts on your own Facebook page. (Simply click “share” under the image.) The entry with the most votes on my Facebook page will win a Large Rogue Flashbender! Facebook voting will run from Dec 16 – Dec 18.
6. Subscribe to this blog by entering your email in the top right corner of this page.
I will announce the contest winners in a blog post on December 20, so you will get an email notification titled Portrait Composite Contest Winner Announced!
You have my permission to use these images only for this contest. I still own the copyright for my images, but you may display your composite portrait for your portfolio, but you may not sell it or print it with my image in the background. Please do not remove my small watermark in the corner. You may add a small watermark, or initials, but only the same size as the one I have used. If you display your composite on your blog/website, social media, list my name and link to this blog post. Thanks!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE IMAGES:
Right Click an image and choose an option (depending on your browser) to “Save image” to your computer.