Enter this Portrait-HDR Composite Contest by June 20…
…to win the Rogue Flashbender & Diffuser Portable Lighting Kit – Click here to see product details
Have you seen the latest HDR (High Dynamic Range) portrait composite craze inspired by the amazing Joel Grimes? CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Here are some more samples: www.google.com/search/hdrcompositeportraits
You can get all kinds of tutorials and tips online if you Google “HDR Composite Portrait”
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
Now, this is your chance to show your skills. Just use one or more of your own
portraits and add it to one of my HDR backgrounds in this post (below)… and you could win the Rogue Flashbender. (Value $59.90) Feel free to edit my image, recolor, or add/subtract to it…as long as it is still recognizable.
The other day, my friend Andrea Hernandez of doublclik.com, left a comment on my most recent blog post that gave me this idea. She said “Ahhh I just want to put a fierce model in a torn red dress in that second image with a storm brewing! My favorite shot!”
So I thought to myself, this would be a great contest. I think it is time to give away
my favorite Camera Gear accessory… The one and only ROGUE FLASHBENDER
1. Use a portrait(s) you have taken, then blend it into one of my HDR backgrounds below. Feel free to edit my image, recolor, or add/subtract to it…as long as it is still recognizable. Size your final portrait composite image so the longest side is 1024 pixels.
2. Email your best jpeg(s) [no more than 2] to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:00am MST June 20, 2012.
3. Include the following information in the email: Your Name, City, State; Title of entry; Date-Time-Place of photo, Camera, Lens, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Focal Length, auxiliary lights? tripod?
4. Once I start placing the entries on my blog, make at least three comments to wish the other contestants luck.
5. Like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/carynesplin
6. Subscribe to this blog by entering your email in the top right corner of this page.
I will announce the contest winner in a blog post on June 25, so you will get an email notification titled Portrait-HDR Contest Winner Announced!
You have my permission to use these images only for this contest. I still own the copyright for my images, but you may display your composite portrait for your portfolio, but you may not sell it or print it with my image in the background. If you display it on your blog/website, list my name and link to this blog post. Thanks!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ONE OF THESE IMAGES:
Right Click an image and choose an option (depending on your browser) to “Save image” to your computer.