I love finding great deals on quality gear, so I hope you enjoy this collection of my favorite photography tools. I have tested all these items and many of my students use this gear because it's affordable and gets the job done better and cheaper than similar products. If you purchase through the links I provide here, you get the same low Amazon prices, but Amazon will provide a small kickback which I donate 100% to my photography students. Thank you for supporting students while you have a blast with these great products.
Browse all three pages for great deals:
CAMERAS / LENSES
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses ($898)
You can’t beat the quality and small size of this world-class mirrorless camera. Sony now makes this affordable mirrorless camera that captures quality images and higher-quality video in lower light. IT’S TIME TO MAKE THE SWITCH! Consider the reasons to buy a mirrorless camera:
- Amazing quality in half the size & weight of conventional DSLRs, World’s fastest auto focus6 at 0.06 seconds and 179 AF points, Shoot 11 frames per second so you never miss any of the action
- Capture life in high resolution and in low light with 24MP APS-C sensor and two lenses provide the tools you’ll need to start shooting immediately, Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC
- What you see is what you get with built-in OLED viewfinder, Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro, Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video, Convenient features and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro
Sony Alpha a6300 ILCE-6300 4K Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm + 55-210mm Lens Bundle and lots of free accessories! ($1346)
- Get even faster focusing and 4K video in the same tiny package as the A6000.
- Sony ILCE-6300 a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera, 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens, 55-210mm Zoom Lens
- 49mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit, 40.5mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit, Camera Bag
- HDMI to Micro-HDMI Gold Audio/Video Cable (6 ft/1.8m), 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1, R94 W70 Memory Card
- InfoLithium H Series NP-FW50 Camera Battery, AC/DC Rapid Battery Charger for Sony FW50 Batteries
- Card Reader, Mini Tripod, Screen Protectors, Cleaning Kit, Memory Card Wallet, Beach Camera Cloth
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera – Body only ($548)
Pair this camera body with the 18-200 lens below and you have a sharper wide angle / zoom lens that does it all! No more changing lenses and hauling an extra one around. Now your extra lens can be the affordable 50mm 1.8 prime lens shown below.
Buy It on Amazon!
Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera – Body only ($998)
Choose this A6300 camera body to get more features such as 4K video. Then pair it with the 18-200 lens below and you have a sharper wide angle / zoom lens that does it all! No more changing lenses and hauling an extra one around. Now your extra lens can be the affordable 50mm 1.8 prime lens shown below.
Sony 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 E-Mount Lens ($748)
Why carry around an 18-50 kit lens and a 50 – 250 zoom, then continuously changing lenses back and forth to capture everything. Instead get the A6000 or A6300 camera body without a kit and add this versatile lens that does it all. Then as your second or third lens, get the 50mm prime lens or the 10-18mm wide angle lens, both featured below.
Sony SEL50F18 50mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount ($248)
Set off your subject by blurring the background with this 50mm prime lens. This is such a great price for a fast lens (1.8) with great bokeh (background blur, or shallow depth). This lens will allow you to handhold your camera and capture sharp images in low light.
Sony SEL1018 10-18mm f/4 Wide-Angle Zoom Lens ($848)
This is worth every penny if you are a landscape photographer who wants crisp details and a versatile wide angle zoom effect.
- 10-18 mm super wide-angle zoom lens with a maximum aperture of F4
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
- Built-in OSS image stabilization (Optical SteadyShot)
Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for Sony ($25.99)
The Sony mirrorless cameras do go through batteries since you are often using the large screen to compose your shot and review the menu. It is inexpensive to get two extra batteries and a dual charger to power up two batteries at once!